Skip to content
Travels of Electricity
How Electricity Can Hurt You
In Case of an Electrical Emergency
Tree & Power Line Safety
Tell Me More
Electrical Safety World Video
Call 811 Before You Dig Video
Find the Hidden Dangers
Make the Safe Choice
Find the Hidden Message
Stay Away From Electrical Equipment
Don’t Mix Electricity and Water
Electricity Decoder Puzzle
66265 Kids Home Water Efficiency
Home Water Inspection
Is your household doing as much as it can to help save water?
Print this checklist
and do this inspection to find out.
1. Do you keep your shower to 5 minutes or less, or take half-full baths?
2. Do you collect and reuse water when you can, such as when waiting for shower or sink water to heat up?
3. Do you turn the water off when brushing your teeth and soaping your hands?
4. Do you run the dishwasher only when it’s full, and use the short cycle?
5. Do you flush the toilet only when necessary, and not use it as a trash can?
6. Have you installed water-saving fixtures such as low-flow toilets, faucets, and showerheads?
7. Do you wash clothes in cold water, do only full loads, and use the short cycle?
8. Do you fix all leaks as soon as you notice them?
9. Do you keep a pitcher of water in the fridge instead of running the tap to get cold drinking water?
10. Do you wash fruits/vegetables in a partially filled sink and then rinse quickly under the tap?
11. Do you wash your car either at a public wash or by using a shutoff nozzle on your hose to limit water waste?
12. Do you limit outdoor water use by not overwatering lawns?
13. Do you sweep driveways or sidewalks instead of hosing them down?
Go to Top