- How do petroleum geologists figure out where natural gas deposits are located? What kinds of clues do they use?
Feature Story Link—Career Advice
- What subjects will you need to study if you want to be a petroleum geologist?
- Why would it also be helpful to learn a second language and to learn about the customs of other oil-producing nations?
- Use a can of soda to explain the difference between a gas, a liquid, and a solid.
Advanced Science Concepts
- What is in natural gas?
Do the Safe Thing
- What should you do if you smell a gas leak in your home?
- Why is it important to not light a match or even use a flashlight if there is a natural gas leak in your home?